Tehnologia evoluează rapid, aşa arată istoria, dar mai ales, previziunile pentru viitor.
Cam astea cunt noutăţile:
– Intel disclosed details of the microarchitecture of the Intel® Core™ M processor, the first product to be manufactured using 14nm.
– The combination of the new microarchitecture and manufacturing process will usher in a wave of innovation in new form factors, experiences and systems that are thinner and run silent and cool.
– Intel architects and chip designers have achieved greater than two times reduction in the thermal design point when compared to a previous generation of processor while providing similar performance and improved battery life.
– The new microarchitecture was optimized to take advantage of the new capabilities of the 14nm manufacturing process.
– Intel has delivered the world’s first 14nm technology in volume production. It uses second-generation Tri-gate (FinFET) transistors with industry-leading performance, power, density and cost per transistor.
– Intel’s 14nm technology will be used to manufacture a wide range of high-performance to low-power products including servers, personal computing devices and Internet of Things.
– The first systems based on the Intel® Core™ M processor will be on shelves for the holiday selling season followed by broader OEM availability in the first half of 2015.
– Additional products based on the Broadwell microarchitecture and 14nm process technology will be introduced in the coming months.
Mai multe detalii pe pagina oficială Intel.